Welcome back to Oatland Park Hotel
Here’s how we’re keeping you Covid-19 Secure
The health and wellbeing of our guests, our staff and our community is of the utmost importance to us. Following a temporary closure, we look forward to safely welcoming back guests to Oatlands Park Hotel from July 6th 2020.
Our restaurants will be open for non-hotel guests for Afternoon Tea, Lunch, Sunday Lunch and dinner from July 10th.
These are the latest the hygiene and safety measures we are implementing at Oatlands Park Hotel to ensure a Covid-19 Secure Environment, and also what you can expect from us when staying or visiting us during this time. The below guidelines will be constantly updated following any new government guidance and regulations.
If you still have any questions or concerns, then please speak to us directly on +44 (0)1932 847 242 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Before your stay:
- We politely request that if you or anyone you have recently been in contact with are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19, that you call us to postpone your stay/ visit. These include; A high temperature and a persistent cough, fever, breathlessness, sore throat, headache and loss of sense of taste or smell. Where possible please adhere to the 24-hour cancellation policy, until you and your household members have been cleared of symptoms by 14 days.
- We have plenty of free parking in our car park, reducing the need for public transport when travelling to the hotel.
- There is a separate entrance and exit door to the hotel, and the reception has been marked out to ensure social distancing of a minimum of 1 meter, please follow directional signs in place.
- Please wash your hands with hand sanitiser before entering the hotel. Our hand sanitising stations are located in the lobby, reception desk and restaurant entrance for you to use.
- We may take your temperature using an infrared thermometer. If your body temperature is 38 degrees or above, unfortunately, you will be declined entry and your stay or visit will be re-scheduled.
- Our Reception Desk is fitted with a Perspex screen and is frequently sanitised with antiviral disinfectant wipes.
- Please help us by paying with contactless card payments. PDQ machines will be wiped down with a disinfectant wipe after each use.
- Your room key card will be disinfected before and after each use.
- All our room reservations are blocked by 24 hours between guest arrivals and each room is cleaned, sanitised and sealed with a sticker to give you confidence that no one has entered the room since cleaning.
- Our bedrooms and corridors are frequently cleaned and sanitised with a high-grade EPA-approved disinfectant fog.
- No access will be made to bedrooms during your stay. Housekeeping or Maintenance will only enter the room on request. If a member of staff needs to enter a room, they will wear PPE and we will ask you to vacate the room prior to our staff entering.
- Housekeeping have been retrained and there is an added extra level of focus on “high-touch, deep clean” areas (light switches, door handles and thermostats). All TV remote controls will be sanitised and placed in a box to give our guests peace of mind that they will be the first to have touched the tv remote following sanitisation.
- Hotel linen is washed at high temperatures advised by our laundry company.
- In your room you will find a hygiene amenity kit, which will include a pocket hand sanitiser, masks and anti-bacterial wipes. Use of these is not mandatory, but they are there for your peace of mind.
- All toiletries are disposable and brand new within each guestroom, please feel free to take any away that are partly-used as they will be disposed of when you depart.
- We have removed magazines, pens and the guest directory from rooms. On request, you can access a digital alternative or the physical items.
- Please use your bedroom toilet rather than toilets in public areas.
Around the hotel:
- We have enhanced our cleaning measures within our public areas to include anti-viral cleaning and sanitising on high-touch point areas such as the reception desk, doors, lifts and handrails throughout the day.
- Signage is in place for everyone to maintain a distance of 1 meter plus within the public areas.
- We have temporarily closed-off areas of the hotel to manage footfall and cleaning measures, this includes the Fitness Suite, Mulberry Restaurant and event and conference rooms.
- Lifts can only be used by 1 person at a time unless they are from the same household.
- Please use the hand sanitising stations located in the lobby, reception desk and restaurant entrance.
- Our Fitness Centre will remain closed until further notice.
Your dining experience:
- We have moved our dining experience to our terrace restaurant, La Terrazza, and the Gardens to allow maximum space for social distancing.
- There is a separate entry and exit to our restaurant, please use the hand sanitising station every time you enter.
- Restaurant bookings are staggered to ensure social distancing, while tables and chairs are cleaned and sanitised between guests.
- We have equipped our public bathrooms with sanitising handwash and we ask that guests maintain a 1-metre distance from others.
- Table linens have been removed and single-use menus will be in place.
- Salt, pepper and condiments have been replaced with disposable sachets, please ask your waiter if you require these.
- Our usual Room Service menu is available from 10am -10pm for all meals during your stay and we have removed the tray charge.
- We have suspended all buffets, and our Continental and English breakfast are pre-ordered to your room.
- From 10th July La Terrazza, will be open for drinks and our lounge menu will be available from 12pm – 10pm. To maintain the social distancing guidelines, we will not be offering drinks at the bar, instead we will offer a full table service.
- Afternoon Tea will be served in La Terrazza every Friday and Saturday from 3pm – 5pm.
- Sunday Lunch will be served in La Terrazza every Sunday from 12.30pm – 2pm.
- Please help us by paying with contactless card payments.
- Our Express Check-Out service means that you only need to drop your key card off in a box at reception before you leave.
- Your bill will be provided in a sealed envelope under your door the night before 7am on the morning of your departure.
- All team members have completed Covid-19 Re-opening Training in conjunction with Flow Hospitality and will receive ongoing training.
- Staff will have their temperatures checked before each shift. They will be required to know where the nearest hand sanitiser stations are at all times and ensure uniforms are not worn during travel to and from work.
- Our staff will be provided with PPE and hygiene training designed to protect their well-being. Kitchen staff and housekeeping will have enhanced PPE where appropriate.
- Staff have been advised of distance protocols including the no-handshake policy.
- If an employee or their immediate family member does not feel well, they have been briefed to stay at home.
- All Staff will be asked to complete a Covid-19 risk disclosure form and this will be repeated every 2 weeks.
Conferences, weddings and events:
- We can safely accommodate weddings and civil partnerships for up to 30 persons with social distancing in place within our fully licensed event rooms.
- Our team can arrange socially distanced show rounds for weddings and events, please email email@example.com for further information.
- We will kindly ask you to complete a pre arrival health questionnaire and return it prior to arrival.
Stay and visit with confidence
We operate a flexible cancellation policy which includes free cancellation for room reservations up to 4pm 1 day before arrival. We have also removed prepayment for Afternoon Tea and Sunday Lunch restaurant reservations. Please give us as much notice as possible should you wish to cancel or amend your booking.
With these safety measures in place, and upholding our values of excellent service and hospitality, we look forward to welcoming you back to Oatlands Park Hotel for a wonderful stay.