Preparing to reopen Oatlands Park Hotel
When the time is right, we can’t wait to reopen Oatlands Park Hotel and welcome back all of our guests through our doors. In these uncertain times during the Covid-19 global pandemic, our main focus is to ensure the health and safety of our guests, our staff and our community.
We are so thankful for our Key Workers and the NHS who have continued to work during this extremely testing period, and we are also mindful of those who have lost loved ones.
When will you reopen Oatlands Park Hotel?
Over the next few weeks, we hope to update you regarding ‘the new normal’, with ways in which we can anticipate operating the hotel in the safest way possible, based on the guidance from the Government and hospitality experts.
Should everything go according to the proposed roadmap set by the UK Government, we plan to safely reopen on Monday 6th July 2020 and we are now taking bookings from this date onwards. We’ve also amended our cancellation policy so unrestricted cancellations can be made 24 hours before.
Preparing for your safety
We all expect life after lockdown to look different and we are very aware that new rules and restrictions will apply. Rest assured that our exceptional team have been working behind the scenes to ensure the safety of our staff and our guests.
While it’s not possible to know the answers to all of your questions until we have further government guidance, here are some of the safety measures we are currently putting in place to ensure the highest standard of hygiene when you stay with us during the Covid-19 period.
Our cleaning & safety measures include, but are not limited to:
Cleaning & Hygiene:
- We have enhanced our cleaning measures in conjunction with our chemical provider within our public areas and public bathrooms. This includes anti-viral cleaning solutions on high-touch point areas (reception desk, doors, lifts and handrails).
- Hand sanitizer stations can be found in key areas around the hotel and on arrival, we ask that all our guests wash their hands and use the hand sanitizer provided by the front door.
- Corridors and bedrooms are sanitized with a high-grade EPA-approved disinfectant fog.
- Housekeepers have been retrained and there is an added extra level of focus on “high-touch, deep clean” areas (switches, door handles, TV remotes and thermostats).
- Hotel linen is washed at high temperatures advised by our laundry company.
- All toiletries are disposable, single-use and provided new and sealed within each room.
- We have removed paper amenities, pens and the guest directory.
- Our Reception Desk is fitted with a perspex screen and our team are equipped with the required PPE.
- Please help us by paying with contactless card payments.
- Signage is in place for everyone to maintain 2 meters distance within the public areas. Lifts can only be used by 1 person at a time unless they are from the same household.
- Our hotel has a private car park with plenty of free parking.
- We have 10 acres of beautiful gardens and lawns, so you can enjoy the fresh Surrey Countryside air at a safe distance.
- Hotel staff will be provided with PPE and enhanced training designed to protect their well-being.
- All Staff will have their temperatures checked before returning to work and will complete a coronavirus risk disclosure form in advance. They will be required to know where the nearest hand sanitizer stations are at all times and ensure uniforms are not worn during travel to and from work.
What about our restaurants and bars?
We are reviewing our procedures in line with guidance from the UK government. This includes a reduced number of tables, which will be positioned the required distance apart.
Our full Room Service menu is still available for all meals during your stay, while our usual breakfast buffet will be replaced by a plated breakfast served in La Terrazza.
We are taking Afternoon Tea and plated Sunday Lunch bookings in La Terrazza for non-hotel guests from Friday 10th July. In line with the latest government guidelines, we can accommodate up to two households on a table.
We are also looking to make the most of our 10-acre estate by offering takeaway menus to be enjoyed within our designated picnic areas and gardens.
Book with confidence:
Hotel bookings can be cancelled or transferred up to 24 hours before your stay.
As a recommendation, any guest who is displaying the following symptoms; a Cough, Fever, Breathlessness, Sore Throat, Headaches, loss of sense of taste or smell, should follow the NHS guidelines and we kindly ask that you reschedule your visit/ stay with us and where possible adhere to the 24-hour cancellation policy until you and your household members have been cleared of symptoms by 14 days.
Oatlands Park Hotel reserves the right to refuse entry and or cancel the reservation if the guest displays such symptoms on arrival.
We will continue to communicate with all of our guests prior to arrival to ensure that they have the very latest information on the protective measures we have put in place and what to expect.
Thank you for your support and understanding. We look forward to welcoming you back to Oatlands Park Hotel soon.View our full safety measures
Book a room See all news