Keeping you safe.
The health and wellbeing of our guests, our staff and our community are of the utmost importance to us. We have implemented additional hygiene and safety measures to ensure a Covid-19 Secure Environment, and we have been awarded the accreditation ‘We’re good to Go’ by Visit England.
Keeping you safe
We have implemented the following hygiene and safety measures to ensure our hotel is a Covid-19 Secure environment. These guidelines will be constantly updated following any new government guidance and regulations. If you still have any questions or concerns, then please contact us.
Our safety measures
Before your visit
- From Thursday, 24 February:
- The legal requirement to self-isolate following a positive test will end.
- Routine contact tracing will end. Fully vaccinated close contacts and those under 18 will no longer be asked to test daily for seven days.
- The legal requirement for close contacts who are not fully vaccinated to self-isolate will be removed.
- Until 1 April, people who test positive will still be advised to stay at home.
- After April 1 people with Covid-19 symptoms will be advised to exercise personal responsibility.
- From 1 April:
- The UK Government will no longer recommend the use of voluntary COVID19-status certification, although the NHS app will continue to allow people to indicate their vaccination status for international travel.
- On Arrival
- The UK Government have removed all Covid-19 domestic restrictions in law.
- To keep everyone safe we recommend all guests use the hand sanitiser on arrival.
- Your bedroom
- To maintain a Covid-19 secure environment we will not access or service guests’ rooms throughout the duration of your stay (unless a long stay). If you would like your room serviced or refreshed, please dial reception.
- Around the hotel
- Our Fitness Suite will remain closed until further notice.
- Dining with us
- There is no limit on table numbers, our team will seat your booking accordingly.
- All cutlery is cleaned with a UV-C germicidal lamp system that kills bacteria and viruses.
- Menus are disposable to maintain health and safety.
- Weddings, meetings and events
- There is no limit on the capacity of our event spaces. Numbers will be in line with the hotel risk assessments.
- Our team
- Some of our staff will continue to wear a face mask or a face covering around the hotel. This is their personal choice.
- Our staff will use sanitiser and clean down high-touch point areas with anti-viral sprays.
- All team members have completed Covid-19 training in conjunction with Flow Hospitality and will receive ongoing health and safety training.
- Our staff will complete a Covid-19 risk disclosure form when they return from holiday.
- Until 1 April, any staff member who test positive will still be advised to stay at home. After April 1 people with Covid-19 symptoms will be advised to exercise personal responsibility.
- What if I develop symptoms?
- Should a guest have symptoms of Covid-19 during their stay, they must stay in their room or check-out of the hotel and return home.
- Until 1 April, people who test positive will still be advised to stay at home. After April 1 people with Covid-19 symptoms will be advised to exercise personal responsibility.
Book with confidence
We operate a flexible cancellation policy which includes free cancellation for room reservations up to 4pm 1 day before arrival. Please give us as much notice as possible if cancelling or amending a booking.Book a room
Dine with us
To ensure the safety of our guests and our team, our restaurant has been modified to allow maximum space for social distancing between tables. With fewer tables, advance bookings are necessary when dining with us for lunch, afternoon tea and dinner.Book a table
- From Thursday, 24 February: